To assist with making graduation weekend safe and enjoyable, please note the following safety procedures are in place for College Convocations held in Athletics facilities (McCasland Field House and Lloyd Noble Center) and the University-wide Commencement ceremony.
All bags are subject to search by security personnel.
- Clear plastic bags (1 per person) no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (1 per person)
- Non-transparent clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (1 per person)
- Bags necessary for approved medical equipment
- Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc.) must be in a clear plastic bag
- EMPTY, clear plastic water bottles less than 17 oz.
- Seat cushions and chair backs smaller than 16" wide and without frames or armrests.
Admissible for Commencement and Convocations only:
- Still Photography Cameras
- Video Cameras
Admissible only for Commencement if relocated due to inclement weather:
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded, and any unlawful items are subject to confiscation.
- Alcohol (in all forms)
- Baby Seats
- Baby Strollers
- Backpacks, camera bags, diaper bags, fanny packs, purses or binocular cases
- Beach balls, footballs, balls or other sporting equipment
- Coolers, containers or ice chests
- Explosives, firearms or weapons
- Folding chairs or stools
- Food or drink
- Gift-wrapped packages
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers of any type (i.e. air horns, plastic horns, whistles, etc.)
- Personal heaters
- Pets (with the exception of registered service dogs)
- Selfie sticks, bi pods, monopods, etc.
- Umbrellas (except in the event of relocation to Lloyd Noble Center)
Security officers will search all bags before attendees will be permitted to enter. Those with prohibited items will be turned away.
Want to receive reminders and updates leading up to Graduation weekend? Sign up to receive text alerts! Text "OUGrad19" to 67283 to opt-in. We will send reminders on graduation to-do items as well as weather-related alerts.