PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Manchester
MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Manchester
BS, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
Professor, University of Oklahoma
Associate Professor, University of Oklahoma
Associate Professor, University of Dayton, OH
Senior Lecturer, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Lecturer, La Trobe University, Australia
Assistant Professor, King Fahd Univ of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Computer networks, internet protocols over satellite networks, wireless networks and optical communications, image processing and computer vision, non-destructive testing/inspection, multimedia.
Dr. Mohammed Atiquzzaman is a Edith Kinney Gaylord Presidential professor in the School of Computer Science at the University of Oklahoma. He teaches courses in Data Networks and Computer Architecture. Many of his current research activities are supported by NSF, NASA and the US Air Force. He serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Computer Communications Journal and Associate Editor of IEEE Communications Magazine, Journal of Wireless and Optical Communications, International Journal of Communication Systems, International Journal of Sensor Networks, International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems, and Journal of Real-Time Image Processing.
AWARDS, HONORS AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Network and Computer Applications
- Founding Editor-in-Chief: Vehicular Communications
- Editor, IEEE Communications Magazine.
- Member of Editorial boards: Telecommunication Systems, International Journal on Wireless and Optical Communications, Real Time Imaging
- Conference Co-Chair: Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium at IEEE ICC 2016, 2016 International Conference on Networking Systems and Security (NSysS 2016), IEEE WCNC 2015 Workshop on Next Generation WiFi Technology, IEEE High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2011).
- Program Committee Member: IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE Globecom, International Conference on Computers and Communications Networks.
- Panel Co-Chair: IEEE INFOCOM.
- Distinguished Technical Achievement Award, IEEE Communications Society, May 2017
- Edith Kinney Gaylord Presidential Professorship, 2010.
- IEEE Communications Society Fred W. Ellersick Prize for the paper "Evaluation of SCTP for Space Networks," 2006.
- The Regents' Award for Superior Accomplishment in Research and Creative Activity, 2007
- State of Oklahoma, Highway Safety Office, “Statewide Analysis for Engineering and Technology", $88,877, Oct 2016.
- Southern Plains Transportation Center, “Enhancing driver safety during severe weather conditions", $161,988, Aug 2014.
- "CC*IIE Engineer: A Model for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure Research and Education Facilitators", National Science Foundation, Oct 2014, $400,000.
- NSF, “ITR: A Power-Aware Technique to Manage Real-Time Database Transactions in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks,” $400K, Aug 2003-July 2010.
- Cisco University Research, “Evaluation of Saratoga for High Speed Data Transfer,” $60K, April 2009.
- NASA, “Implementation and Validation of SIGMA in Space Network Environment,” $657K, Dec 2006-Nov 2009.
- NASA, “Seamless handover in space networks,” $487K, May 2003-Dec 2006.
- R. N. S. Widodoa, H. Lim, and M. Atiquzzaman, "A New Content-Defined Chunking Algorithm for Data Deduplication in Cloud Storage", Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 71, pp. 145-156, June 2017.
- J. Yu, B. Huang, X. Cheng and M. Atiquzzaman, "Shortest Link Scheduling Algorithms in Wireless Networks Under SINR", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 3, Mar 2017, pp. 2643-2657.
- I. You, V. Sharma, M. Atiquzzaman and K-KR Choo, "GDTN: Genome-Based Delay Tolerant Network Formation in Heterogeneous 5G Using Inter-UA Collaboration", PLoS ONE, vol. 11, no. 12, Dec. 2016.
- H. S. Narman, M. S. Hossain, and M. Atiquzzaman, "Management and Analysis of Multi Class Traffc in Single and Multi-band Systems", Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 231 - 258, July 2015.
- N. Yaakob, I. Khalil, M. Atiquzzaman, I. Habib, and J. Hu, "Distributed Collision Control with the Integration of Packet Size for Congestion Control in Wireless Sensor Networks", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 59-78, Jan 2016.
- J. Niu, D. Wang and M. Atiquzzaman, "Copy limited flooding over opportunistic networks", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 58, pp. 94-10, Dec 2015.
- H. Narman and M. Atiquzzaman, "Analysis of Joint and Partial Component Carrier Assignment Techniques in LTE and LTE-A", IEEE Globecom, San Diego, CA, Dec 6-10, 2015.
- H. Narman and M. Atiquzzaman, "Joint and Partial Carrier Components Assignment Techniques Based on User Profile in LTE Systems", IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2015), New Orleans, LA, Mar 9-12, 2015, pp. 983 - 988.
- N. Yaakob, I. Khalil, H. Kumarage, and M. Atiquzzaman, and Z. Tari "By-Passing Infected Areas in Wireless Sensor Networks using BPR", IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 64, no. 6, p 1594-1606, June 2015.
- A. Shahriar, Md. Shohrab Hossain and M. Atiquzzaman, "A Cost Analysis Framework for NEMO Prefix Delegation-based Schemes", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1192-1206, July 2012.
- H. Moradi, H. Refai, P. LoPresti and M. Atiquzzaman, "Mobile Free Space Optic Nodes in Single-Input Multiple-Output Setup under Transmitter Misalignment", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1540-1550, Dec. 2011.