|STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3||STEP 4|
|Submit Financial Documentation||Apply for J-1 Visa||Submit Immunization Documentation||Complete Housing Contract|
Plan Your Semester
All offices on campus are open 8:00am-5:00pm from Monday to Friday. Offices are closed on the weekends.
Airport for Arrival
- Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City is the airport of arrival for the University of Oklahoma.
- The airport is located approximately 25 minutes away from Norman by car.
- Shuttle services or taxis can bring you from the airport to the city of Norman. Depending on your date of arrival, you may qualify for pre-arranged transportation services through the David L. Boren College of International Studies during Airport Transport.
What you will do when you land in Oklahoma City? Plan ahead!
- Furnished apartment in on-campus housing complex: $1250-$3650 per semester, depending on selected apartment
- Meal plans (optional): $250-$2500 per semester, depending on personal choice
- It is helpful to consult the Exchange Student Coordinator before purchasing a meal plan.
- Regular grocery expenses: $400-600 per month, depending on student needs
- Access to grocery stores may require bus travel.
- Textbooks and course materials: $250-800 per semester, depending on major subject
- OU Student Health Plan: approximately $700 per semester (annual prices not set until July)
- Costs can range from $400-800 per month, depending on personal choice
- $20 SoonerCard ID
- $200 New International Student Orientation fee (first semester only)
- $75 International Student Maintenance Fee (each semester)
- $150 Exchange Student Program Fee (each semester)
The Office of the Bursar manages payment to and from the University of Oklahoma. By attending OU as an exchange student, you will have a bursar account automatically linked to your Sooner ID number.
All charges for campus housing accommodations, health insurance, meal plans, student fees, and other incidentals such as printing or sports tickets are billed directly to your bursar account.
Tuition and fees will appear on student bursar accounts until the end of the enrollment period, at which time they are removed. Payment on this account is not due until one month after arrival, giving the office enough time to remove tuition and fees from student accounts.
Students can use a credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover) to pay a bursar bill online. If a credit card is used to pay off the bursar account, a 2.75% processing fee is charged. Students can make an electronic check payment from an American bank account to avoid processing fees, or they can pay in person with cash. A new online wire transfer service is also available.
You can read more about payment policies on the Office of the Bursar website.
Search course offerings at the University of Oklahoma during a given term through the Class Navigator at: https://classnav.ou.edu
When selecting courses, review enrollment requirements and restrictions. All enrollment is managed through the Exchange Student Coordinator. Students cannot self-enroll in courses.
The State of Oklahoma requires all students who enroll to provide documentation of vaccinations against Hepatitis B (three doses) and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR - two doses). More information about immunization requirements is available on the Goddard Health Services website.