To apply, please submit the following application materials to the Confucius Institute at the University of Oklahoma before deadlines.
- Fill out the online preliminary application here
- OU Study Abroad Registration Proof (applicable for OU student only).
- Photocopy of passport photo page.
- Personal statement. Please include your Chinese language learning background, study plan, and goals in China, etc. The statement should be 200 words or more, printed in either Chinese or English, and signed by the applicant. Applicants for a graduate study must also include a detailed research and study plan.
- Certificate or Evidence of Chinese Proficiency. Please provide any certificates of Chinese language education and/or transcripts.
- Diploma and official transcripts issued directly by your school(s). Applicants for undergraduate study must provide a notarized copy of a senior-year high school transcript. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Applicants for graduate study must submit two letters of recommendation, in Chinese or English, by professors or associate professors.
- Applications under age 18 must submit letters of approval and provide the emergency contact information of a legal guardian.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China is 6 months or longer). Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid.
Application materials must reach the Confucius Institute Headquarters via the recruiting institutions. Please check the application guide for the deadlines. Individual applications will not be accepted by the Confucius Institute Headquarters.