N.E.W. Leadership Application
The application period is now closed.
The application for the 2020 class will open in January.
Selection Criteria: N.E.W. Leadership selects students with the intent of creating a class of individuals who represent diverse backgrounds and experiences. Five primary criteria guide the competitive selection process:
- Individual leadership potential;
- Maturity, ability to deal with challenges, and capacity to reflect on one's own personal strengths and weaknesses;
- Special interests, unique characteristics and/or diverse experiences which contribute to the N.E.W. Leadership learning goals;
- Interest in politics, public service or public policy; and,
- Articulated or demonstrated potential to make a difference for women in public service.
To be considered for the program, you must:
- Complete the online application (link below);
- Submit a one-page summary of background experiences or resume;
- Submit three short essays, view essays (PDF); and,
- Submit two letters of recommendation. Please print two copies of the Letter of Recommendation Request form (PDF), complete the top portion and provide to your recommenders.
- Commitment to participate fully in the N.E.W. Leadership program.
- Accepted students will be asked to try to find funding from their home institution, but participation is not contingent on this funding.
Submit your application online using the link below. You may also mail or deliver materials to:
Carl Albert Center
630 Parrington Oval, Rm. 101
Norman, OK 73019
Email materials to email@example.com and use the subject line "NEW Leadership Application (your name)."
Please contact the Carl Albert Center at (405) 325-6372 for assistance.