The undergraduate program in Construction Science is accredited by American Council for Construction Education since 1990
PhD, LEED AP, Assoc. DBIA
Professor of Construction Science
Robert E. Busch Endowed Professor, The Haskell & Irene Lemon Construction Science Division
College of Architecture
University of Oklahoma
830 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019-6141
- 2015: PhD in Instructional Psychology and Technology, University of Oklahoma
- 1997: Master of Science in Construction Science, University of Oklahoma
- 1997: Master of Business Administration, University of Oklahoma
- 1991: Bachelor of Interior Design, University of Oklahoma
- Fall 2017-present: Professor, Construction Science Division, University of Oklahoma
- Fall 2012-Fall2017: Associate Professor, Construction Science Division, University of Oklahoma
- Fall 2006-Fall 2012: Assistant Professor, Construction Science Division, University of Oklahoma
- Spring 2006: Adjunct Instructor, Construction Science Division, University of Oklahoma
- Spring 2005: Adjunct Instructor, Construction Science Division, University of Oklahoma
- Fall 1993: Adjunct Instructor, Architecture, University of Oklahoma
- 2001-2006: Owner
1-2-1 Construction Services, LLC, Oklahoma City, OK
- 1999-2001: Project Manager & Chief Estimator
Bell Industries, Edmond, OK
- 1997-1999: Vice President
Bridgeport Development, Oklahoma City, OK
- 1992-1997: Chief Estimator
Heartland Homes, Oklahoma City, OK
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Assoc. DBIA™
- Estimating in BIM
- BIM for Lifecycle Cost Analysis
- BIM for Asset Management
- BIM across the Project Lifecycle
- BIM Education
- Spatial Reasoning and Problem Solving
- Collaborative Project Teams
- McCuen, T., BIM and Cost Estimating: A Change in the Process for Determining Project Costs, chapter 3, Building Information Modeling: Applications and Practices, edited by Raja R.A. Issa and Svetlana Olbina, American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE Press, ISBN 978-0-7844-1398-2 (print) ISBN 978-0-7844-7913-1 (ebook), U.S.A, 2015, pp.63-81.
- Suermann, P., Giel, B., and McCuen, T., Minimum BIM - 2nd Edition, chapter 5.2, U.S. National BIM Standard – United States®, version 3, National Institute of Building Sciences buildingSMART alliance, Washington, DC, July 2015, https://www.nationalbimstandard.org/
- McCuen, T. & Pober, E., Process and Structure: Performance Impacts on Collaborative Interdisciplinary Team Experiences, National Institute of Building Sciences 9th BIM Academic Symposium, Washington D.C., April 2015.
- Kang, I., Ghosh, S. & McCuen, T., Performance of Design-Build Projects: Current State and Comparison between Project Characteristics, Associated Schools of Construction International, Proceedings of the 51st Annual International Conference, College Station, Texas, April 2015.
- McCuen, T., The Challenges of Advancing BIM in the Curriculum while Addressing Current Accreditation Standards for Construction, National Institute of Building Sciences Building Innovation 2014 Conference, BIM Academic Workshop, Washington D.C., January 2014.
- McCuen, T. & Ge, X., “Visual Selves”: Construction Science Students’ Perceptions About Their Abilities to Represent Spatial Related Problems Internally and Externally, International Association for Development of the Information Society, Cognition and Exploratory Learning in the Digital Age Conference, Fort Worth, Texas, October 2013.
- Fithian, L, and McCuen, T., BIMStorm OKC: A Virtual Event to Build Community and Enhance Connectivity, American Institute of Architects FOREFRONT Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 2013.
- McCuen, T., Validating a Quantity Takeoff Generated by a Building Information Model, Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International, Transactions of the 57th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, July 2013.
- McCuen, T. & Ge, X., A Comparison of 2D and 3D Problem Representations in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Disciplines, 2013 American Educational Research Association, San Francisco, California, May 2013.
- McCuen, T.L., Building Information Modeling, chapter, CEP Certification Study Guide, 4th Edition, AACE International, spring 2013.
- McCuen, T. & Pober, E., BIMStorm: A Platform Facilitating Integrated Design and Construction Processes, National Institute of Building Sciences Building Innovation 2013 Conference, BIM Academic Workshop, Washington D.C., January 2013.
- Airport Cooperative Research Program Synthesis S15-09-07: Building Information Modeling for Airports ($35,000). Dominique Pittenger (PI) and Tammy McCuen (CO-PI), 2015.
- What’s Behind the Wall?: Augmented Reality for Contextualized Visualization, $15,942.00, McCuen, T. & Pober, E., College of Architecture Information Technology Committee, University of Oklahoma, award date April 2013.
- BIMStorm OKC: A Virtual Event to Build Community and Enhance Connectivity, McCuen, T. & Fithian, L., University of Oklahoma Dream Course. An interdisciplinary course project for Construction Science and Architecture student team collaboration with participation from the Oklahoma City Planning Department and industry professionals, $20,000, award date fall 2012.
- Principal Investigator, Business Processes and Team Dynamics in Building Information Modeling: Case Studies of an Integrated Team and a Specialized Team, 2010-2012, Ed Cline Faculty Development Award, $2,500.00, Ed Cline Faculty Development Award, University of Oklahoma, award date February 2010.