The undergraduate program in Construction Science is accredited by American Council for Construction Education since 1990
Assistant Professor, The Haskell & Irene Lemon Construction Science Division
College of Architecture
University of Oklahoma
830 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019-6141
- 2004: Master of Science, Construction Management, Texas A&M University
- 2003: Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, Texas A&M University
- Aug 2012-present: Assistant Professor, Construction Science, University of Oklahoma
- 2005-2011: Project Manager
Hill & Wilkinson Construction Group, Plano, TX
Managed construction of public and private projects (primarily health care related) while performing contract buyout, cost control, profit projections, change order estimating, meeting facilitation, payment procurement, develop and management of the project schedule, liaison duties with municipality officials, and serving as the main point of contact with owners and designers.
- 2003: Assistant Superintendent
Spring Valley Construction Company, Dallas, TX
Assisted project superintendent on site, performing quality control, safety inspections, daily reports, site translation, and subcontractor coordination.
- 1999-2002: Foreman
Reyes Retaining Walls, Inc., Dallas, TX
Managed crew installing segmental retaining walls, monitored quality and safety, operated machinery, and acted as site translator.
- Nationally Certified Occupational Spanish Instructor
- Certified Professional Constructor
- OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer
- Member, American Society of Safety Engineers
- Construction Safety
- The Hispanic Workforce in the Construction Industry
- Strategies to Enhance Visuo-spatial skills education
- Earthen Construction
- Technology and Games for Learning
- Bairaktarova, B., Reyes, M., Nassr, N., & Carlton, D. (2015). Spatial skills development of engineering students: Identifying instructional tools to incorporate into existing curricula. American Society for Engineering Education 2015 conference proceedings.
- Franks, R., Reyes, M., & Pittenger, D. (2015). The Role of the integrated project leader in the architectural, engineering, and construction industry. Associated Schools of Construction 2015 conference proceedings.
- Reyes, M., Ghosh, S., Perrenoud, A., & Goldman, J. (2015). Teaching plan reading to construction students: The effect of using tablet computers. Associated Schools of Construction 2015 conference proceedings.
- Reyes, M. & Hong, J. (2015). Overcoming career advancement barriers through education and mentorship: Hispanics in the construction industry. American Educational Research Association 2015 conference proceedings.
- Holliday, L., Robson, K., & Reyes, M. (2014). The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) faculty internship: Providing new skills for construction educators. American Society for Engineering Education 2014 conference proceedings.
- Holliday, L., Reyes, M., Ryan, R., Robson, K. (2013). An innovative partnering approach: Industry led construction labs. American Society for Engineering Education 2013 conference proceedings.
- Reyes, M., Holliday, L., Butko, D. (2013). Involving construction students in research through collaboration and the EPA-P3 competition. Associated Schools of Construction 2013 conference proceedings.
- Reyes, M., Curtis, S., Frame, M., & Snow, H. (2013). Partnering with Habitat for Humanity on the construction of a CEB house. Earth USA 2013 conference proceedings.
- Butko, D., Holliday, L., Reyes, M., Ramseyer, C., & Hatami, K. (2013). Returning to the earth: An analysis of earthen structures for sustainable design. Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture 2013 conference proceedings.