Student Alumni Association Funding Application
Please read ALL instructions before completing the application. Applicants are encouraged to apply one semester prior to the planned event or project.
1. Submit your application.
Applications will be open Monday, January 14, 2019, and must be submitted by Wednesday, February 6, 2019 by 11:59 pm. After your initial submission and after you attend a feedback session (see the next section for details), you will have the opportunity to edit your responses and submit again. You MUST sign up to attend a feedback session, found on the last page of the application.
2. Attend a feedback session.
Once you have submitted your initial application, you will review your application with a member of the Student Alumni Association Funding Committee. These consultation sessions take place between the week of the initial due date (1/14/2019) and the revised application due date (2/22/2019). You will receive an email with the sign up for a feedback session.
NOTE: Attendance at one of these sessions is mandatory in order to move forward in the process. After submission of your application, you will receive an email regarding how to sign up for a session.
3. Turn in revised allocations application.
All final submissions must be made by Friday, February 22nd by 11:59 pm. If you do not submit a revised final application by this date, your application will not be scored.
4. Present your pitch.
Selected applicants will be asked to present a 10-minute pitch on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 5 & 6, 2019 in front of members of the Funding Committee and Student Alumni Association.
5. Receive funding.
Funding for selected applicants can be expected approximately 3 weeks after applicants have been notified. It is encouraged to plan for funds to hit your account by the end of March. Once funds have been transferred, it is out of the control of SAA and becomes the responsibility of my organization and the organization’s finance director.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- The Date of the Event/Project must be after January 14, 2019 and before November 26, 2019. However, SAA is not responsible for funds that have been transferred and may no longer be available after the end of the fiscal year (June 30, 2019).
- Your organization must be a registered student organization, a campus department planning an event or creating a new project that enhances the OU and alumni communities.
- Please provide a budget that outlines exactly how the requested funding would be allocated, all expenses associated with the event/project and other sources of funding (expected and received) should be provided.
- It is a REQUIREMENT to submit either an internal university account number or a completed W-9 form for your organization. If you do not submit one of these two, your organization will NOT be considered for funding. (Exception: if students are not allowed to handle account information, you may put us in touch with an adviser instead.)
- We ask that advertisement opportunities are made available for Student Alumni Association (i.e. logo on t-shirt, table at event, logo in program, social media cross-promotion, etc.)
- The Student Alumni Association will NOT accept applications to fund out-of-town conferences, fees, or travel.
PITCH PRESENTATION & POST-PITCH GUIDELINES
• Only selected applicants will be asked to present a 10-minute pitch on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 5 and 6, 2019.
• Notification of the committee's funding decisions will be sent out via e-mail.
• If accepted, please allow approximately three weeks for payments to be processed.
• If there is an admission fee, SAA requests tickets to the event.
• Members of the funding committee will attend the event/project as liaisons to ensure participation in all promised cross-promotion.
Please e-mail SAA Funding Chair, Harper Morris, at email@example.com with any further questions or concerns.